Snow Walker’s Companion is a guide to comfortable winter camping using tried and true traditional equipment and native skills. The Conovers show us how to sleep warm, travel safe and enjoy the white season. Guides in Maine and Labrador for over 30 years, Garrett and Alexandra have learned not only how to survive in the North in winter, but to thrive. They share their little known secrets in an easy-to-read conversational manner.
- Learn how to stay warm in extreme temperatures
- Tips on reading lake- and river-ice conditions
- Practical advice on setting up tents & stoves
- Choosing the right footwear and clothing
- How to pick the best snowshoes for you
- Common sense psychology for the trail
BONUS! A 32-page color insert on Garrett & Alexandra’s epic 350 mile snowshoe trip across Labrador. Excerpts from their journals are highlighted with photos from the expedition